Walking around in the center of Malmoe city, observing individual’s passing us by, we realized that it wouldn’t matter if we chose our participants by coincidence or not, because there were a lot of different clothing styles available for us to dig deeper into. We decided that four participants would be enough for us to interview although it wasn’t our limitation. It didn’t take us long until we got four cooperative participants. They were happy to tell us about themselves and their way of life.
After talking to these four participants, we got an idea. We realized that it would be much more interesting if we could match these clothing styles representing these four individuals, with certain stores. We already had the answers about where they liked to shop, so we decided to pay a visit and try to talk to the store managers and ask them about what kind of clothes they thought they were representing. We managed to get four interviews in additional, with two store managers, one entrepreneur and one salesperson. We asked them the same questions, although we had to adjust them a bit.
The questions we asked them were;
- What do you do for living?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- Do you dress by your taste in music or by your interests?
- What do you like to wear during the weekdays?
- Do you consider yourself having a personal style or do you like to go with the flow?
- Where do you buy your clothes?
- What is the name of your favorite store?
- What do you in your spare time?
- What do you prefer to drink in company?
- Do you have the same type of clothing style as your friends?
- Are there any similarities/odds between your clothing and the opposite gender?
- Is it possible for a man to wear what you are wearing today?
- What kind of clothes did you wear when you were younger?
- Have you changed your clothing style since then? How come?